Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWow.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3126&mesg_id=3170
3170, Wow.
Posted by dhalgren718, Mon Nov-03-03 12:34 PM
So... if I quote Europeans in any of my other posts, that's cool? Great! I've got some really cool studies made by Europeans about Black people, Arabs, and other 'Orientals' that I think would go just swimmingly!

Listen, I'm trying to be civil. If you want this to be some catty, gay Internet argument, go for it. Otherwise, here's my response:

The source of a poll is as indicative of the information as the infromation itself. Europe has a long ingrained history of xenophobic behavior towards Jews, Roma, Catholic/Protestants (depending on your region of residence) and just about anybody who deviates. I'm supposed to NEGATE that little historical point when shown this poll? Especially when a Muslim country like Iraq is also included with 53% of the poll? That doesn't say anthing to you?

Also, the article says:

"There's no comparing the amount of media exposure Israel gets in Europe in comparison to Iran or North Korea. The images broadcast from here have an impact but we should not get excited about it," Haaretz daily quoted Shalom as saying.

LEADING QUESTION

Italy, which holds the rotating EU presidency, stepped in to calm the diplomatic furor, saying the findings were due to a "leading question" and did not reflect the EU's position.

----

And about Simon Wiesenthal foundation...
The SW foundation was designed to explore, examine, and expose Anti-Jewish behavior and sentiment before it reaches terminal levels. So what response were you looking for from them? They went there looking for a sound bite, and got the sound bite they were looking for. It's not a government organization - it's a private non-profit group. So... what am I looking for? They don't directly vontrol policy. At best, they are consulted by AIPAC - THE TRUE OVERLORDS OF OUR EARTH! But either way, I won't validate a statement like that because it's been beaten to death.