Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectAn old head told me before
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=30957&mesg_id=31103
31103, An old head told me before
Posted by FireBrand, Fri Jul-22-05 08:19 AM
That you can't worry about what the next man is doing. As long as you have a plan and stick to it all that matters is that folk are contributing. If they are helping alot or alittle is up to them, but anything helps.

Now, I personally don't know how much the sista is doing, but to hate on her for what you BELIEVE what she is doing to be small is just childish.

How u know what's going on behind closed doors?

I do know this. For ME? Her music is part of the reason why I was even active in College. When I left for school in '95 I was in a place where I wasn't really certain about what I was about and to hear somone talking about shit in a way that (even know I still know very little about the math, and 5% lingo) SPOKE to me? That shit made all the damn difference. I thought I was alone in that regard. I was like, oh shit. OTHER people think like that.

That shit was powerful to me and prolly to countless others. IMO that in and of itself is ministry.

"And where today is the stable community that would sustain such a couple, where one can be both poor and diginified and raise one's children with decency and hope..." Poitier