Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: sorry b but....there was no point to that shit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=30957&mesg_id=31029
31029, RE: sorry b but....there was no point to that shit.
Posted by LadySoulflower, Thu Jul-21-05 11:44 AM
now, i'm usually pretty quiet around here 'cuz i'm *supposed* to be getting work done & don't always have time to keep up with the convos. today, however, i feel the need to speak up a little..

lemme preface by saying, i feel like everyone has a valid p.o.v., but i think that folks aren't considering everything that has been said. (which is to be understood, 'cuz there's a lot of wordage goin' on...) so i just want to point out a couple things...

Airbreed, you said:
>so its easy for anyone to blow it off as 'humor'... when they
>themselves cant possible imagine what someone actually
>experiences w/ the police Vs. someone who manifests
>'perspectives' of these experiences.

*but* i don't think you & buttersoul thought about what eb said:
>I am a charecter , as i am in most of my songs.
>i am a writter who enjoys telling a story from all sorts of >perspectives....
>these are real sittuations from my perspective .
>its important to me to give it to ya'll like that.
>one thing i find uncomfortable is being misunderstood.
>but thats life. lol.

i take this as her artist's license to present what she sees in a way that works for her. granted, she may be "manifesting her perspective" on the situation, but isn't that part of what this artistry is all about? on a broad scale, how is eb's whole saga any different from "the message" by grandmaster flash & 'nem? i just see two artists using different methods of describing what they see going on around them? a person doesn't actually have to experience something to feel empathy for those who do.

ok, i'm getting off my soapbox now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love." -I John 4:18 (NASB)