Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: this is the classic example of everybody's method i
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=3092&mesg_id=3120
3120, RE: this is the classic example of everybody's method i
Posted by BrownMariposa, Tue Nov-11-03 05:40 PM
>above they are feuding over which is better for you more
>veggies or more fruits.
Honestly, I didn't even know we were arguing over which is better regarding the issue of fruits and veggies. I make a huge attempt to eat more veggies than fruits, simply for the following reasoning--although it is natural sugar fruits generally contain more sugar than veggies. And I am really working hard at getting my body fat percentage down so I watch my fruit intake. However, I do use fruit, e.g., grapes, watermelon chunks as my "cheat items." Bottom line, eating fruit is a heck of lot better than Ben & Jerry's so if you find fruit better than veggies, knock yourself out!

>I think you need a balance and should do no more than 60/40
>of either.
ITA w/ this statement--balance always strive for that golden mean, not only in nutrition but in life as well.

>
>I say water is good.
>7+ hours of sleep is good.
>45 min exercise is good.
>4 servings whole grains is good.
>2 servings nuts is good.
Again, I am in total agreement w/ this--this plan sounds like an overall winner for life. For the most part, whole grains are absent from my current diet, but I am in the cutting phase right now...so no cheats!

>That can be tedious with my many meetings throughout the
>day.
When I attend conferences or expect multiple meetings, throughout the day, I try to either get the majority of my water in the early morning, a little in the afternoon, and finish it up at night. But yes, I hate having to literally get up & go, ten thousand times during a meeting--in my eyes, it makes me look weak!

And another thing, keeping a journal/log is truly helpful in seeing your caloric pitfalls and emotional eating levels. Do men emotionally eat? Curious.

A.