Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: actually...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=30351&mesg_id=30373
30373, RE: actually...
Posted by ShinNy, Wed Apr-27-05 04:20 PM

"I hope you read the beginning part of my post because I said that it all depends on how you define civilization. At what point do you say humans went from uncivilized to civilized? I see a major dilemma in that alone. To this day, archaeologists cannot agree upon what defines an empire from a state from territorial state and so forth. To tell you the truth, there is no easy definition because each civilization is unique and to identify cross cultural similarities that you can then say "this is what defines X" is practically impossible. For instance some scholars say having a written language is a necessity for a centralized state or empire, however the Inca Empire which was very succesful and larger than the Roman Empire did not have a system of writing. Therefore to say the Inca were not an empire due to not having this specification would be a grave mistake."

Understandably frustrating too....because you have very few Black African authors (Diop, Obenga, and a few others) that can stand up to what so-called archaeologists can "come up with"...I, myself have a hard time trying to figure out what "method" to go by when it comes to the ancestors...I know better than to go by what some so-called "Egyptologists" say...although, very few of them will admit somethings...

With my thoughts somewhat in congruence with yours...as far as the standpoint on "this is what defines X"...no date (that is given) is absolutely accurate...but, at times, we'll try and approximate...except here...

"But the dates for the Akkadian empire are correct. Like I said, the earliest Egyptian pharoahs date back from 3000 B.C. which is before the Akkadian Empire. However, the political makeup of Egypt at that time (Old Kingdom) was very different from the New Kingdom time. The reason for the succesful unification of Upper and Lower Egypt is that there was strong cultural unity along the Nile and had been for some time."

I agree with this too...Menes (Narmer) was the first Pharaoh of Dynastic Kemet(Egypt)...the thing is, I'm stuck when it comes to pre-dynastic and proto-dynastic...perhaps (and hopefully) LexM will see this post...

But yeah, I see what you're saying...

ShinNy b.k.a....h £ k §-A-g Ø ñ/|_ A \/ ¡ § h©....