Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: **C A L L I N G ***A L L *** A C T I V I S T S**
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=30132&mesg_id=30158
30158, RE: **C A L L I N G ***A L L *** A C T I V I S T S**
Posted by golden_ratio, Fri Feb-18-05 08:09 AM

>
>1. I develop affordable housing units.
>
>2. My business...consult to non-profit and for-profit builders and investors seeking to develop affordable infill housing.
>
>
>3. Biggest issue: probably trying to accumulate wealth per american dream instructions. My issue: core redevelopment under neo-liberal urban policy...affordable housing confronting urban infill discourse confronting gentrification issues.
>
>
>4. Go out and make a career dedicated to leaving the world a better place. I love "activists," but I don't wave pickets and call into Democracy Now! bitching about my senator or HUD reforms, etc. I get my fucking hands dirty in the street and use accomplishments as motivation for the next project. Too many people taking jobs and becoming workers to the man, and feeling like they've done something because they phone banked one time for Al Gore. You have to take over your life and immerse yourself in changing people's lives for the better, instead of letting someone else change your life.

I'm not a motivational speaker, but I play one on TV.