Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectpoint out in 3x plagiarized post where X writer says Jesus never existed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=29865&mesg_id=29886
29886, point out in 3x plagiarized post where X writer says Jesus never existed
Posted by nonaime, Wed Apr-20-05 08:15 AM
None of the writers listed wrote that Jesus didn't exist. The rest of the commentary is bs. The people in the list who did write about Jesus...obvious forgeries...of course, lol.
Here's your list:
>Josephus
>Philo-Judaeus
>Seneca
>Pliny the Elder
>Suetonius
>Juvenal
>Martial
>Persius
>Plutarch
>Justus of Tiberius
>Apollonius
>Pliny the Younger
>Tacitus
>Quintilian
>Lucanus
>Epictetus
>Silius Italicus
>Statius
>Ptolemy
>Hermogones
>Valerius Maximus
>Arrian
>Petronius
>Dion Pruseus
>Paterculus
>Appian
>Theon of Smyrna
>Phlegon
>Pompon Mela
>Quintius Curtius
>Lucian
>Pausanias
>Valerius Flaccus
>Florus Lucius
>Favorinus
>Phaedrus
>Damis
>Aulus Gellius
>Columella
>Dio Chrysostom
>Lysias
>Appion of Alexandria

Produce a text from these contemporaries that says Jesus never existed. You can't. This is the facts I am speaking of. You huff and huff, but aint saying nothing. I have a Book that says He did exist. Where's your counter?

>>1.You don't have any facts 2.you don't even have anyone that
>>was alive when Jesus was alive denying Jesus' existence...
>
>Now lets touch on your faulty logic since you can't see how
>dumb your statement sounds. Moot Point touched on point #1, so
>concerning point #2....

No, moot point didn't touch on point 1. Make a claim back it up. You can't. Simple.

>C'mon mayne....Read wtf you just wrote,
>
>"you don't even have anyone that was alive when Jesus was
>alive denying Jesus' existence."
>
>Laugh-TheFuck-Out-Loud...Oh Man....
>
>Actually, i feel you though....see, there's this dude i know
>named "Zombiechristfucked4life Allah" who doesn't exist, so
>i've been thinkin' about documenting the things he never did
>to prove he doesn't exist. I think it'll be a best seller and
>catapult my career as a historian.

Paul spent most of his days in prison...not a 3 hots and a cot prison we have today. Some of the original apostles were executed. That's some real dedication, getting persecuted for writing about/believing in someone who never existed (oh did I just give a reason why there isn't much talk about Jesus outside of the Bible...silly me).

>Is that what Jesus would say to me? Why not pray for me
>instead? Here you are, a "True Believer" and you have the
>opportunity to change my thoughts on Jesus' existence, but you
>can't do it, so u mad. I honestly could careless whether you
>believe in him or not.

The Bible says if you aren't received to dust off your sandals and move on. I'm not going to post 3 "accept Jesus" post a month here, it's a waste of my time. It would seems post like yours are considered activism....who knew.

Mad? I honestly thought you were going to show me why I should "Accept That Jesus Never Existed". I am kinda upset that you keep pointing to a list of names without providing what it is they wrote that shows Jesus never existed.

I mean, okay, I get the fact that the people listed didn't write about Jesus, so somehow in you guys mind that equals to Jesus not existing.

But did they write about St. Peter? One of Christ's Disciple. Catholic's first pope. Must've never existed.
Did they write about Paul? Responsible for spreading the "Jesus Movement". Hmm...must've also not existed...those books in the New Testament must've wrote themselves.