Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: when has the following not been the case tho??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=29666&mesg_id=29797
29797, RE: when has the following not been the case tho??
Posted by jenNjuice, Tue Mar-29-05 07:58 PM
Always keep people afraid and in need of "guidance".

"But I do find it amusing that those that teach the end is near, still like to raise plenty of money for a future they say will never come."

yep. in the book of Acts were not ALL the disciples "selling all of what they had and GIVING it to the poor". its also funny how Jesus told that very rich young man who wanted to follow him to sell all his possessions and give it to the poor. yet you have to have in order to give. and the truth is the majority of christians are financially depleted, in any event i do believe way too much emphasis is being placed on using the word of God as a means to prosperity. Yet the most beautifullest thing preached by Paul was when he said "I've been rich, and ive been poor. Yet i've I learned to be CONTENT in all situations"

also it was prophesized that many false teachers will arise and lead MANY astray. that's why its up to the body to learn for themselves whats in the word of God so that they can see whats real from whats a false.

"The only thing we wanted for our country was the right to a decent existence, to dignity without hypocrisy , to independence without restrictions... The day will come when history will have its say."-Lumumba