Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectA BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE POST YOU HAVNT READ
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2959&mesg_id=2959
2959, A BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE POST YOU HAVNT READ
Posted by signified, Thu Nov-06-03 03:07 PM
Managed to sit through about 2/3's of this little tributary to the mundane and hackneyed vision of Michael Moore. This was a documentary with a ton of potentional and lousy execution. I didn't even make it to the part where Hesty stormed off. The foreign policy retrospective was thorough and should have been a central focus, however Moore still managed to find a way to soften it up with trite sentimentality and bullshit surface-level examinations of the role of foreign policy and terrorism. But its a movie about guns right? Ok, still I wish that somebody would have wrestled the microphone away from that whining monotone simp and gotten someone better to WRITE the script and READ the voiceovers. Horrible - amateur - cringingly bad. Also the way he portrays Canada is a farce, so is the questioning of the T.V. executive. Newsflash: EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT VIOLENCE SELLS, TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW. I think this is a topic and a documentary that is completely out of Michael Moores depth. What a lousy film. And what a damaging expose of the hollow tendencies of the left - no wonder they gave him the Oscar for it. It did more damage than good. Somebody tell this guy to stick to harassing Nike executives. He at least seemed knowledgeable about that topic, unlike this film.