Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHey
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=29497&mesg_id=29542
29542, Hey
Posted by Nettrice, Mon Mar-28-05 05:23 PM
:-) I get ya. I think people can have both mothering and fathering energies but some have more of one than the other, thus, the need to have access to both parents, guardians, or mentors. When I was 16 I had two important mentors (a married couple). It was as if they took on specific roles or turns with me. Of the two, the guy was the bigger influence. He filled where my father couldn't. I spent a lot of time with him and his family (they were artisans).

>Self-Esteem you learn from your fathering energy, father
>figure, or your mother when she engages fathering energy.

My male mentor used to say almost every single day, "You bad!" Of course, this was bad meaning good. It was like he was giving me confidence to take on all the b.s. going on. However, in retrospect, I think he exhibited feminine energy, too. His wife was harder on me, less nurturing but very supportive. That's why I think a balance is important.

>The problem is not that those fatcats who run shit (men and
>women trying to be men ) didn't get enough love from
>Mommy or Daddy. If they didnt get enough love from their
>parents, they'd be in an institution , a hospital someplace.

Or worse...you'd be surprised how many addicts are running things.

>We've
>all been conditioned to punish for aeons. How do you stop???
>How do you allow or create or allow/create the shift that will
>have the most true, getting truer impact on you and your
>world?

Turning the negative into positive, attracting positive with positive, pivoting...all of these things require transformation. Also, cultivating compassion (with economy and humility) helps.

>How can you have impact on this girl? Just handle it the best
>you can!!!!!!

Oh, I am.

>Be Spiritual instead of a LOSER. When you were 13 you might
>not have known how to stay in your power. But you sure as hell
>do now. Can I get a co-sign?

Co-sign.