Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthe words I use are Important (supressing laughter)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=29497&mesg_id=29529
29529, the words I use are Important (supressing laughter)
Posted by chrisdefendorf, Tue Mar-29-05 12:24 AM
>...destructive. That's why you won't catch me chiefin'.

EXCESS OF ANYTHING IS POISON. Destructiveness can be great. I destroy all the time. 100% of the time. AND i always Build, in that sense. Hope you had a great night.

The energy of 'PERFECTION' is a trap, and whenever you engage that energy or it's correlary, "perfecctly imperfect", it always leads to destruction. Always. It seduces your ego and since you won't be perfect until you're dead, you're fucked. 'Perfection' is a static STATE where nothing can/CAN be created. Because you can ALWAYS do something "better". no matter how great it is, you could ALWAYS do it a little more. Ironically, this "striving to tbe the best" is comp0letely self-destructive. You can't have ANY self-esteem, cause you're running around in your head, obsessed. It's painful!!! and the antithesis of Intimate Relationships, you can't have any Intimacy with/within yourself.

>WHATE THE FUCK IS CHEIEFIN'????
(misspelled intentionally, cause it's funnier.) BACK THE FUCK UP, RASPBERRY!

>>So don't be a feminist, but just know that in making that
>>choice, you're supporting Male Chauvanism and the Punishment
>>of Women.
>
>I pick my battles. I am just trying to sustain my vision and
>contain my energy.

The words I use are
I CHOOSE MY BATTLES.

Don't contain your energy, That's what Warrior losers do. Conceive of your energy in a New way, or Percieve your energy in a new, inventive way.
As long as you're seeking trust in yourself first and then selectively seeking trust in other people, you are GOLDEN, as in ERA.

>
>BTW - Chuck D once told me that "hip-hop isn't anything if we
>don't control it" and I think the same goes for energy, our
>images, the media, etc.

The words I use are "There's something about owning somethng". I talked to Hank (PE's PRODUCER) about the same exact thing. It was sooooo funny. Cause we're talking about sampling, and he's like, "I never pay (to clear) samples".

And I said "I know".

"There's something about owning something. if you steal, the slightest amount of guilt holds back the Success of whatever you're working on back THAT MUCH MORE. ".

I thihnk that that's really key, OWNERSHIP. This is why I put together my Bottom Lines... Malcolm talked about Revolution being about LAND,always.

So who owns the land? the OWNERZ, in the Gang Starr sense.

There it is, PE ayy see eee

It's a Darkness thing, you wouldn't understand.
(Darkness is completely un-Illuminated, so it's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone else to see or for that matter, to HAVE something to understand. )

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/10450673

Chris Defendorf: "We're not done!" (sampling KRS-ONE & PUBLIC ENEMY "HIT THE ROAD JACKKK"

Chuck D: "I KNOW we're not done..."

PE REDUCER Hank Shocklee on the words defendorf uses: "inciteful" (C) HS