Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI don't support any kind of "ism"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=29497&mesg_id=29526
29526, I don't support any kind of "ism"
Posted by Nettrice, Mon Mar-28-05 02:55 PM
This includes feminism. I like to consider the history of things, how my peeps were or weren't supported way back when-vs- today. Alice Walker called her cause "womanism" and that's cool but IMHO it's all about not passing judgement,,,it more about coming from a place of authenticity (and inner power or strength). Many feminists are, in fact, masculine: their new woman wants to be like the old man. Not me. Here's a quote I like:

"As anyone can see, women are being Used and Abused more than ever. Never have they been portrayed so demeaningly in movies, television shows, magazines, and books. And, according to the statistics, the feminine side of the work force is not being paid as much for its efforts as it was twenty years ago. The influence of the (feminists) may not exactly be setting femininity Free, but it is making it Remarkably Cheap." - Benjamin Hoff

Now, as respect for the feminine is disappearing, consequently, so is the state of many things in society. I blame the imbalance (too much masculinity) on the lack of feminine energy in the world. But. hey, that's just me. I am not pro-feminism but I am looking for more of a balance.

>I knew that would get you hear. There's also the "CURIOUS
>ADOLSCENT" part of yourself. That's why you're reding this.

There is no denying that teens have to deal with raging hormones but, for me, it was about play, not actual sex. I've only had one fight in my early life and that was to protect my sister. I do see anything wrong with masculinity and I embrace it but too much is destructive...too much of anything can be life-negating.