Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: u are going 2 have to start dealing in reality @ some point
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=29051&mesg_id=29124
29124, RE: u are going 2 have to start dealing in reality @ some point
Posted by Nettrice, Fri Apr-08-05 11:11 AM
>most women in our communities are getting pregnant from booty
>calls.

You must be hanging with a whole different crowd...all those women you know must be getting pregnant all day and every day! :-) I went to college with some serious sistahs. We networked with other colleges, including Ivy League (Columbia) and City College (NYC). We had lots of parties but only two of my friends got pregnant and one was Korean!

>this myth that all of our women are walking around glowing
>from innocence and purity with halo's beaming over their
>heads, and was DECIEVED by their BOYFRIENDS who got them
>pregnant and RAN, needs to stop.

But that isn't my point. It takes a woman AND a man to make a baby.

>so yes, alot of our women ARE indeed in it just for the SEX as
>much as the men are...what kills me is that any other time a
>woman being sexually independent and screaming "why cant i do
>it like men do" she is considered to be displaying a form of
>woman empowerment

Women can be on the sexual conquest tip and still not get pregnant. These women are not trying to get pregnant. I find that the women on the corner are more likely to be "deceived" or jump into sex among other things as something to do...with no regard for the consequences. I was telling my mentee that my priorities were way different when I was her age. She just rolled her eyes at me...but she learned the hard way and now she's in college (no baby).

>but when the shit hits the fan the whole
>tune changes, now all of a sudden the MEN are the ones who are
>overly promiscuous and deserve ridicule and she is the
>victim...

Men AND women are both too casual with sex and some are still healing from something that happened during their formative years. That's why I always say, "Therapy! Hello!" Don't put all that jaded attitude and bitterness on the children.