Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: It's an investment................
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2871&mesg_id=2881
2881, RE: It's an investment................
Posted by BMWK, Thu Nov-13-03 07:29 PM
investment??? That all depends....people talk about grants and financial aid and scholarships like they are so easy to get and like they are accessible to any and everybody...there are conditions to all that stuff....and if you didn't read the story they're cutting down on grants and financial aid...and although you got a point about how people spend money on cars and houses but not school....you're right...but thats a bit of a overgeneralization...because I'm not one of those people I honestly don't have the kind of money it requires to attend college...(let me say any college besides a JC)...plus with a degree there is no security...I'm glad for ya boy getting a big break and his degree paying off but that aint the case with EVERYBODY...people get brainwashed into thinking college is the solution to all your problems in AMerica....it'll promise you a good job, good money and you ride off in the sunset...thats a bullshit story...I know people with financial aid and grants and its still not enough...they got differences to pay that are 4 digits...the whole case and point meaning...College should not be this expensive period. yeah its a investment and yes you may succeed with a college degree but I think its 50/50 for people that succeed and fail with a degree and for that kind of money everybody should be promised SOMETHING...but thats not reality...there are way too many people I know that are laid off about now...everything really goes back to our great government and Bush...but I'm sick of people thinking College is this guarenteed can't lose decision that you have to make...cause the truth is...its not...your chances are just as good in succeeding by educating yourself and knowing the right people...without spending all that money you don't have and can't afford to pay back...

"This afternoon I'm talking shit to my alarm clock, cause I gotta face this world of Capitalistic onslaught"...