Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Having to explain the simplest things irritate me.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=28267&mesg_id=28486
28486, RE: Having to explain the simplest things irritate me.
Posted by chief1284, Sat Apr-02-05 03:22 PM
damn u irritating me. I meant exactly what I said. I dunno if u read what i posted right (I'm assuming u didn't) but I wasn't trying to explain anything. It was a simple matter of fact statement that people who are told that something is offensive and continue to say it are showing a lack of respect for people and their culture. I don't need an explanation of why its offensive to stop doing it, I'd consider it pretty arrogant to carry on doing it till someone can show me the history of why its offensive or some bullshit. Why the fuck is that so hard to understand? I mean if u came across a small commune of white people in the middle of nowhere and they called u nigga, and u told them that was offensive but they carried on anyway and demanded an explanation of why they should stop. Yeah I bet u'd love that. I mean if u walked into a Hindu temple and they told u to take your shoes off, but you said 'no, fuck that, I've worn shoes indoors all my life, u gotta prove thats disrespectful before I'm gonna take them off'. Its a little thing called respect.