Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectGood question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2816&mesg_id=2820
2820, Good question
Posted by MizClayton, Fri Nov-21-03 04:42 AM
My major was strategic communications, which is a journalism degree. Nobody knows what my degree means, but it's basically a study of PR, Integrated Marketing Communications, Advertising, Marketing and such.

I've always been a creative person. I play piano, compose my own music, write, I paint, in high school I was the photographer for my school's yearbook and very involved with that, I was a dancer for 6 years while in school and was a part of a dance theatre for young people.

I just don't know where to put my focus. I always thought I'd be good with Public Relations or Advertising because I am such a creative person. I thought I could use my creativeness to sell and grow companies.

My mind isn't even there anymore. I want to do my own things. I just don't know what. I'm still soul searching. Asking myself what really makes me happy, what areas am I exceptionally talented in, and where I should put my focus.

Working 45-50 hours a week with this temp job, it's hard to find the time to find one's self.

But, I'm going to be auditioning for an upcoming production of "Richard the III", just to do something I've never done before. It'll help me feel like I'm being creative and putting my energy into something other than my whack job.

I'm a very indecisive person and it's hard for me to make up my mind about things. I wish I was the kind of person that knew EXACTLY what they wanted. I know what I don't want though.