Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: This is a very naive response...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27708&mesg_id=28256
28256, RE: This is a very naive response...
Posted by soemusik, Sat May-07-05 03:17 PM
If im nieve, then im nieve. My point is this. Everybody allows their own implications to factor into their faith. People try to translate the bible, and interpret it in their own minds to say wut they want it to say. We have taken something pure, and contaminated it. That’s wut has lead to the formation of divided Christian religions…Catholics, protestants, Baptists, etc. and has divided Christians by race…black churches, Chinese churches, Korean churches, etc. and this has led to arguments, fights, and wars among the same people…keep in mind, this mentality also led to the formation of the KKK. no matter wut race, we r the same species.

This issue matters to you on a personal level. you have ur own feelings about people viewing jesus as a white man. I feel u on that. It pisses me off that all nebody talks about is black and white. Ya’ll r saying jesus was either black OR white, not anything else. American history taught in schools only focus on black AND white, not anything else. Im not black OR white, im...anything else. according to wut I learned in this society, I shouldn’t be an American or a Christian. We don’t even exist. that shortcoming in our society pisses me off, among others as well. But when it come to matters of faith, society has no place, at least it shouldn’t. race and culture have no place, at least it shouldn’t. all that should matter is that jesus’s species was god and human. And as a saved Christian, our species is god and human. U got everything u need right there. I aint tryin ta preach. Im far from qualified to do that, but this is my view. U can agree or disagree.