Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: this post makes me sad
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27708&mesg_id=28051
28051, RE: this post makes me sad
Posted by Harmonia, Wed Apr-13-05 01:56 PM
>what makes you sad about it?
>perhaps you can be a little more clear.
>Perhaps it is challenging what you have thought you have known
>all your life... perhaps you should question your own
>christian self... cause are you less christian if you find out
>the man you love (not saying you directly i have know
>knowledge of you and what you believe) is black...
>what if he was black, homeless, and not well bathed... would
>that change your concept?

For one, I am NOT Christian and would never want to be Christian. I do however know alot about the history of Christianity and other religions. Who knows what Christ looked like? The area where he is supposedly from (if you take the Bible to be historically accurate) has a wide range of different looking people. His skin tone could've been anywhere from light to dark and everything in between. If Jesus existed and was indeed black, it doesn't bother me becaue I am not Christian and have never bought the accuracy of the bible. I see it as myth, just like every other religion. I know how Europeans have manipulated the image of Christ for their own benefit (I'm an art history student), but it doesn't prove that Christ was black. All the evidence presented above has been circumstancial. There is no definite way to prove what exactly Jesus looked like. In my opinion, if Jesus existed he probably looked like Osama bin Laden. If you want to define that as black, or white, or whatever, so be it.