Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Proof?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27708&mesg_id=28014
28014, RE: Proof?
Posted by TarnishedSpoon, Fri Apr-29-05 12:01 PM
>Your such an idiot...
>study your history on Kemite...
>the hindus
>the Native Americans
>the Buddhists... they all used the Swastika long before it
>was adopted by Hitler... I mean sun do you read at all or does
>your knowledge come from trailer park/budweiser sit in's?
>that's the basics.. .and it says volumes about why your logic
>is the way it is. Here is a suggestion... how about read...
>something... anything... before you try to debate? thanks. I
>mean, have a little knowledge before you open your mouth...
>somthing.

You are one dumb motherfucker.

I mean it. There ain't no better way I can say it.

This is the exchange we just had.

You: The Swastika was first used by ancient Egyptians.
Me: Bullshit, prove it.
You: It was. Because I say so.
Me: You're wrong, and here is a source. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika)
You: Hahaha! Silly cracker, the swastika was used by many people before the Germans.

No duh dipshit. If you could read (which I am really begining to doubt) and you were to click on my link, you would read...

"The swastika appears in art and design from pre-history symbolising, in various contexts: luck, the sun, Brahma, or the Hindu concept of samsara. In antiquity, the swastika was used extensively by Hittitesv Celts and Greeks, among others. It occurs in other Asian, European, African and Native American cultures – sometimes as a geometrical motif, sometimes as a religious symbol. Today, the swastika is a common symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, among others.

The ubiquity of the swastika has been explained by three main theories: independent development, cultural diffusion, and external event. The first theory is that the swastika's symmetry and simplicity led to its independent development everywhere, along the lines of Carl Jung's collective unconscious, or just as a very simple symbol.

Another explanation is suggested by Carl Sagan in his book Comet. Sagan reproduces an ancient Chinese manuscript that shows comet tail varieties: most are variations on simple comet tails, but the last shows the comet nucleus with four bent arms extending from it, recalling a swastika. Sagan suggests that in antiquity a comet could have approached so close to Earth that the jets of gas streaming from it, bent by the comet's rotation, became visible, leading to the adoption of the swastika as a symbol across the world.

Theories of single origin as a sacred prehistorical symbol POINT TO THE PROTO-INDO-EUROPEANS, NOTING THAT THE SWASTIKA WAS NOT ADOPTED BY SUMER IN MESOPOTAMIA, WHICH WAS ESTABLISHED NO LATER THAN 3500BC, AND THE OLD KINGDOM OF EGYPT, BEGINING IN 2630 BC, ARGUING THAT THESE WERE ALREADY WELL ESTABLISHED AND CODIFIED AT THE TIME OF THE SYMBOLS DIFFUSION. As an argument ex silentio, this point has little value as a positive proof.

The swastika symbol is prominent in Hinduism, which is considered the parent religion of Buddhism and Jainism, both dating from about the sixth century BC, and the swastika symbol transferred as well. Buddhism in particular enjoyed great success, spreading eastward and taking hold in southeast Asia, China, Korea and Japan by the end of the first millennium. The use of the swastika by the indigenous Bön faith of Tibet, as well as syncretic religions, such as Cao Dai of Vietnam and Falun Gong of China, is thought to be borrowed from Buddhism as well. Similarly, the existence of the swastika as a solar symbol among the Akan civilization of southwest Africa may have been the result of cultural transfer along the African slave routes around 1500 AD.

The existence of the swastika symbol in the Americas is a clear challenge to the diffusion theory. While some have proposed that the swastika was secretly transferred to North America by an early seafaring civilization on Eurasia, a separate but parallel development of religious symbolism is considered the most likely explanation.

Regardless of origins, the swastika had generally positive connotations from early in human history, with the exceptions being most of Africa and South America."

You can't see the forest for all the trees. Or rather, you can't hear anything because you won't shut the fuck up.

Ignorant motherfucker.

S.ean | Silencing Waterboy Since 1982.