Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectyo...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27708&mesg_id=27801
27801, yo...
Posted by LexM, Tue May-03-05 10:48 AM
>and your questioning what I'm reading?
>Sighs...

i was just asking about which historians you're reading. drawing from my knowledge to this point, i don't see where you're getting some of this from.

i'm totally open/willing to be corrected. i learn something new daily. but--going back to the original intent--very little in this post "proves" anything. on either side.

we're arguing the phenotypical appearance of a man who may or may not have existed.

and we already agree that, whether or not he did, the important thing is the lessons he taught/embodied.

again, i have admitted that i figure he was most likely a black man or something damn close to it.

what more is there to say? *shrug*

>and your questioning whether or not Egypt was a university?
>wow.

re-read what i said in my last post:

you: "they did not allow people in the way movies depict... Egypt
was basically a huge university... and Ethiopia was untrekked land..."

me: "right. a huge university. anyone could study there."

i agreed with you.
just about every serious student of history, racist or not, realizes that egypt/kemet was one of the major educational centers of the ancient world. they might question who was doing the teaching, but...

>REad some work by Dr. Naeem Akbar... for starters.

i have, actually. i own both "breaking the chains..." and "know thy self". i dig dude, plan on reading more. but his perspective is psychology, not a history as such.

>I mean half your comments were guesses... right?

no, i was not guessing. i was drawing on what i know based on my studies/readings to this point.

>For the record she was black.

have you seen any alternative drawings/representations of her? from everything i've seen, she looks like she's probably of mixed heritage. wasn't her father ptolemy? as far as i know, it's well-known that he was of an afro-asian-greek (or some other mix) line. i don't know anything about her mother.

regardless, i really don't care whether she was or not. there are plenty of examples of black, illustrious royalty in kemet & elsewhere. one questionable queen doesn't really matter one way or the other to me. i'm just open to the *possibility* that she wasn't necessarily black.

*everybody* ain't black
just like everybody ain't descended from royalty.

it's cool. we have PLENTY we can claim clearly & rightfully. no need to waste time haggling over petty details.

~~~~
~fear is the mind-killer~

"...jesus had a wife. and she was his
messiah like that stranger may be
yours. who holds the subtle knife that
carves through worlds like magic
doors." ~saul wms