Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: How did European norms, values, ideas, concepts,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2753&mesg_id=2811
2811, RE: How did European norms, values, ideas, concepts,
Posted by kaoticvibe, Sat Dec-13-03 01:58 PM
if we look at science, hell, the move
>from an earth-centered universe to a sun-centered universe
>had far reaching ramifications that stretched outside of the
>science box-social, cultural, religious.

this statement infers that the rennaissance and enlightment thinkers in europe were the first to come up with these concepts, the fact is that the majority of cultures outside europe already knew this, and more so many cultures knew that the sun was not at the center of the universe but at the center of our solar system, this was known in europe as well but was lost and suppressed during the dark ages, the european thinkers rediscovered these concepts due to cultural exchange with the islamic world

~~~~~~Diciembre is DJ Paul Month Bitch!!!~~~~~~~
(oh well one of these months belongs to the scarecrow)

See I'm a cold hearted killa like murderer Al Kapone
Strong as thousand mile winds quick to break ya bones
A glock 1995 i cause ya early death
Ya walkin' Triple 6 streets so foo watch ya step
We all about makin' that cheese we gotta stay straight mane
Robbin' and workin' these hoes foo it aint no thang
-"Mystic Stylez" a blast from da past ho

----------------------------------------------------------

the words of wisdom:

show me someone who doesn't like boobies and I'll show you someone who doesn't like life. -the mammary troof according to okp VonClay

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words." -Philip K. Dick

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. --Homer Simpson