Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectgreat post....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27306&mesg_id=27345
27345, great post....
Posted by LK1, Sat Feb-26-05 08:50 PM
I completely agree that
>the ruling class is overwhelmingly white but that is not the
>same thing as saying that the the majority of whites are
>members of the ruling class? You dig? My point is that
>despite the whiteness of the ruling population, the majority
>of white people in this world are struggling workers and I
>know that this is a difficult concept for a lot of people to
>accept.

Huge, huge point. I wish more people understood this, because it would certainly end a lot of the confusion. The white ruling class banks off of the race struggle/bitterness shared by lower classes, and it's growing increasingly obtuse. Unfortunately, the cultures within the lower classes are so vastly different from one another (at least, on the surface) that we've seen a split in same-class culture that is the first of its kind since Babel, you know? What we have now is a cesspool of culture competition with standoffish communication, and the cheeseball multicultural "awareness" (meaning, "look at how separate and different we all look") being forced on everyone from the workplace to the youth destroys what uniquely noticable ties (low income) these lower classes have to one another. It is my opinion that "celebrating" cultural differences that are already obvious by first-impression physical characteristics make people feel separate from one another, not linked. Our PC mindstate has limited this country from any kind of class movement opportunity. peace,