Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: what impact do you feel this would have? n/m
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27201&mesg_id=27244
27244, RE: what impact do you feel this would have? n/m
Posted by Vocab, Tue Mar-29-05 10:42 PM
I just finished writing the letter to thier corporate offices and plan on writing the marketing firm that suggested this idea in the first place. Maybe it'll just give me a piece of mind, but I feel that expressing myself is one of the only ways I can really combat this issue. Since I don't patronized Mickie Dee's as it is, all I can really do is make other people aware of the issue. I mentioned in the letter that I felt many of the "urban youth" they were targeting would see right throught this latest feeble attempt. This whole "I'm lovin' it" campaign is already a failure because it's inauthentic and borderline offensive. As consumers, we have the power to choose what to buy and from who. On a personal level, we can take it upon ourselves to ignore companies that stand against what we believe in. Call me an idealist, but at the end of the day I feel better because I voiced my opinion.

www.soundclick.com/vocabproductions