Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHow are resources shared globally in communism?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=27096&mesg_id=27168
27168, How are resources shared globally in communism?
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Mon Mar-07-05 12:38 PM
People have talked about "greed" and "power" but the real issue is dealing with disproportionate allotments of resources. Small groups can effectively trade and barter bc they're likely more familiar with each other.

But how do you impel people to share with other far flung people they have little to no contact with? Even if they were aware of others hardships, wouldn't they still be more concerned about the possiblity of hardship locally?

It seems there needs to be some way of determining where resources would do the most "good". But I noticed someone said that communism requires the disollution of government. Without some sort of delegation of authority, how are the needs of individuals supposed to be met in a massive, communist society?

On a simpler note, how do you get people to mine coal? I'm sure some people would naturally want to, but most people that do it right now onl do it bc they have little choice. Would these people still be "oppressed" by the specter of danger to their health and well-being, no matter how fairly medical attention was distributed? Aren't there some jobs few people would do unless they absolutely had to?