Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: 2008.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=26883&mesg_id=26983
26983, RE: 2008.
Posted by almanueva, Sun Mar-27-05 01:48 PM
You know what? I may ruffel some feathers here for saying this, but we were asking for another four years of Bush anyway.

Before you jump on me, it is because all we do is slam Democratic nominiees, regardless who they are. This is the same garbage Tavis Smiley said in his commentaries on the Tom Joyner Morning Show during the election. All he did was trash Kerry, yet praise any other Dem that was running. He NEVER said anything positive about Kerry. In fact, he laughed at everything Kerry tried to do even though it fell short.

We, yes, I mean we made it worse (Tavis too) by believing the lies of the media, and the vicious, mean-spirited Rovian talking points against Kerry. Tavis blew a golden opportunity to educate blacks about Kerry's near perfect record regarding Civil Rights legislations, and the issues from the official campaign website but I guess Tavis was mad that Clinton wasn't running again so he takes it out on someone else. I guess we were just spoiled by Clinton (yes, I liked him too) to not think about what kind of president Kerry could have been.

I don't remember Gore or anyone else getting this much abuse as Kerry has. Yet, look at what Kerry has done after the election. He recently co-sponsored a bill with Mrs. Jackie Robinson to reward Jackie a Congressional Medal Of Honor, has pushed for a Kids-First health care plan, just like he said he would on TJMS, and against ANWAR. Also, you wonder about the election in Ohio, well, there is a lawsuit still pending. This is stuff the media won't tell you.

Yes, I was ABB until the DNC convention and NO I don't agree with Kerry's stance on Iraq. Yes, I do believe he should have brought up race more, and I think he conceded too soon. No, he wasn't perfect and yes, mistakes were made. I am glad Dean is the new DNC chairman. He makes sense unlike the last one. In fact, we should have listened to Kerry alot more during the campaingn.

I can't wait until 2008. I hope we find the "perfect" candidate. I will nit-pick him or her, believe the daily media spins and whine all throughout the election. Hey, don't blame me, I kept my mouth shut, turned off the TV and voted for Kerry.

rant done.