Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Governor Bill Richardson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=26883&mesg_id=26944
26944, RE: Governor Bill Richardson
Posted by WheatToast, Wed Feb-23-05 06:53 AM
co-sign on Obama. He definitely represents an exiting future, but that future will only be realized if he can produce results from within the system and this current system is going to throw a fridge on his back as he tries to run this race. I am behind him completely, but I don't have a pile of hope that he will be able to buck the burdens of a two-party system devoid of real truth (not to mention any resemblence to a democratic process -- see: plutocracy)

If Kerry was the one chosen to defeat this friggin' facist the last time, then we need to discuss not WHO can make the pendulum swing back, but HOW we are choosing our candidates.
If we (meaning Bush admin. opposition) can not defeat a standing president with the kind of record littered with cases like that of Joseph Wilson and his wife, then we need to look inward at our own actions, or lack thereof, not who else is going to take action to change that which we bitch about. The material is there, folks, we just have to know it and use it. I think I recall hearing the phrase "knowledge is power" before. Hmmmmm, sounds interesting.