Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I wouldn't call it The West vs. Islam
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=26765&mesg_id=26771
26771, RE: I wouldn't call it The West vs. Islam
Posted by sunngodd, Thu Mar-17-05 04:58 PM
>What do you mean by "modernization"?

Damn, I wish these had the numbers in front of me: There are much less books translated into Arabic than there are in languages that are rarely used. There are very small countries that come up with more inventions in a year than the entire middle east comes up with in like 10 years.

My point is that we have an entire section of the world living in basically a closed society. Given the wealth that's over there, it shouldn't be that way. I firmly beleive that this is one of the main reasons that drives a people to blow themselves up, kill innocent people in the process, and beleive that their going to be awarded in an afterlife for it. I think they see what's going on in the western world and the deeply resent it.

We can't afford to let the Middle East stay as it is, not while its leading people to fly planes into buildings.

>Democracy?

Basically getting rid of these governments that follow Islamic law, governments that support terrorism, opresses women, and keeps thier entire populations in poverty while they get fat off oil revenues.

------------------------------

“He may be friendly, but he's not your friend." - Malcolm X