Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThings I don't understand...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2658&mesg_id=2724
2724, Things I don't understand...
Posted by soulgyal, Sun Dec-14-03 07:05 AM
1) Why the U.S. thinks that it is their Divine Right to "fix" all problems in the world.

We're looking for a democracy to be set up in Iraq? Well, I think we'll be looking for a very long time. Iraq is a nation run by religion, and whether Sadaam is removed or not, the Iraqi people (as well as any nation solely run by religion), will NOT succumb to the idea of seperating religion and government. I personally dont think democracy will work. Especially for people as devout to their religion as the Muslims of the Middle-East.

2)How come people have all of a sudden forgotten the reason we went into Iraq.

Simple enough. We went in, gunz-a-blazing, looking for weapons of mass destruction. Where are they? Where is this so called "power" that Sadaam was building up against us? Notice, also, how much of the American public has forgotten that this was why we invaded Iraq. I might even go as far as to ask someone to please remind me why we took a detour in Sadaam's direction when we should have been going after Osama.

3)Kim Jong Il

If we're looking for a threat against America and WMD, how about we sporadically invade a country that actually has them; N. Korea. If we're looking for a tyrant that has actually posed a threat towards us, Kim Jong Il is our man.

Just a few things that I wanted to bring up...