Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectThey're saying this is a victory for Bush...I disagree
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2658&mesg_id=2659
2659, They're saying this is a victory for Bush...I disagree
Posted by Belief, Sun Dec-14-03 04:26 AM
Already reporters are talking about the political ramifications of Saddam's capture to the Bush administration. Saying that this is a blow to the Democrats, as they have been using an elusive Saddam to attack Pres. Bush for the past 8 months. Well, considering that this was an illegal war, I don't see how this capture weighs in the favor of Bush. Had Osama Bin Laden been captured, that would be another story. Of course there are those who will say that Saddam was a tyrant, and his capture is a victory for the US, the Bush Administration and the Iraqi people. But what does his capture really mean? For the past 8 months Saddam has been out of commission as a leader, and still the Iraqi people have no peace or clear political system. Hell, they're not even in control of their #1 resource, oil. Everyday the death toll for US soldiers rises in Iraq. The attacks on US troops that were attributed to Saddam, to his financing, appear to be sourced from someone else. So Saddam is captured. He'll be brought before trial, maybe in Iraq, maybe before an international tribunal. He'll be found guilty of numerous crimes. Maybe he'll be put to death.

And that leaves us where? Maybe with lower gas prices. That's always a good reason to start an illegal war.