Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecti use asian because
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=26262&mesg_id=26274
26274, i use asian because
Posted by chrisdefendorf, Fri Mar-04-05 11:06 AM
it's a term of endearment.
it's an energy, a resonance, a vibration.

you could easily say that that word judgementally, and hurt yourself & then hurt other people. obviously i dont condoe that or anyone else doing that, nor do i support anybody doig so.
if it's a term of endearment, you can call me anything.... nigger, wigger, (LOL), whiteboy,

i prefer chris or christopher.

within certtain limits. I let people who are closer friends know how I can be hurt, what words could cut me. I don't let just anybody know that, though, and i certailyu dont let my enemy know how i can be hurt. that's called being foolish & self-destructive.

As far as what you can call my girl, that's between you and that being, that spark of consciousness. However, if someone goes after her, I will defend her, of course.

I will protect her.

But come on now, ADOLESCENTS take things literally. You could call her an Asian judgementally and ruin her day (not, i repeat, not her life), and you could call her an oriental under the right circumstances (AND non-judgementally) & it would probably be funny.

However, since you don't know her, you're probably projecting mother onto her if you're weighing whatyou'd call her.

It's more of an energy.

I use asian or dark-skinned because it feels good to say it. I ususally don't say African-American, I say "BLACK" because it feels better. Also, if I had my way around the world, people, all people, would be considered DARK. Not Black, or African diasporic, but DARK, as in POWERFUL. YOur darkness is where your power is, because that's what's not illuminated. If you stay in your power, you'll have my respect and admiration. Look at Malcolm. If he had said certain things, he would have been slaughtered by EVERYBODY in this racist country. He was assassinated, which is a tragedy, but that's not my point.

He could have illuminated something inappropriately and gotten punished for it, and held back HUMAN RIGHTS as a result.

I choose my bizzattles and I take it one step at a time.

sig:
man you getting me in battle mode
and i don't even battle...lol...but thanx
Chris...you are pure inspiration!
(poet_is_me)

"chrisdefendorf and blaxxx are the
only reason i go
to activist"
okP Beartholomew, cited 2/27/05

are you stealthily castigating me with
the veracity i bring in the obtuse face
of your clownly aimless castigations?