Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectyeah you gotta beat them in the marketplace
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=26121&mesg_id=26137
26137, yeah you gotta beat them in the marketplace
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Thu Mar-03-05 05:40 PM
but that's not gonna happen in the US, at least not initially, cuz of the stranglehold the oil industry has on this country.

So there's gotta be a successful model in place somewhere else to look to first. Denmark currently generates 15% of their electricity by wind power, and they're planning to up that to 50% by 2020. Ireland recently completed the world's largest wind farm offshore south of Dublin, it's projected to generate 10% of Ireland's electricity.

Once renewable energy gets a proven track record for beating conventional energy sources in those markets, people might wise up and see that it can succeed in the marketplace over here.

As for the developing world, I dunno... Denmark and Ireland are pretty small countries, but Germany is also getting into wind power & they have the industrial power to build significant infrastructure. But as for the economics of how exporting it to developing countries would work, I don't know. I'm sure there's gotta be a way to make it work though.

>good ass convo tho, and thanks for the information.

Likewise. And good shit on your new moderatorhood (if that's even a word) - chase those crazy baldheads out of town, yo!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If your music was any good it would've been stolen by the white man by now."

- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog