Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjecthomosexuality or civil war?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25839&mesg_id=25946
25946, homosexuality or civil war?
Posted by Nettrice, Sat Jan-22-05 07:01 PM
>would you agree or disagree with this statement?

I disagree with the original statement because I think civil war has a far more negating effect on African spirituality. Why? Well, I think violence, whether as one-on-one (as in rape, torturing, murder, etc.) or a group activity (civil war) cause huge distortions in the energy fields of perpetrators and victims alike, as well as the families and friends of both. These distortions radiate outward...eventually affecting us all. There are African men who as group or individually rape children and babies...and defile and hurt African women. Not only is this bad for spirituality but also any sense of community.

Being sexual means connecting to the life force and (to me) it doesn't matter who you have sex with, as long as you do it safely, responsibly and with full accountability. Sexual energy is a great example of the divine creative urge. Sacred sex is so powerful that you can reproduce with it but this is not the only thing that affirms life. Until we deal with the other problems (violence is an example) we can't even begin to talk about who people choose to have sex with.