Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMy thoughts are homosexual...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25839&mesg_id=25911
25911, My thoughts are homosexual...
Posted by Kozmikblak, Wed Jan-26-05 06:10 AM
sex for the most part is a chosen lifestyle. The same as heterosexual sex. No one has to have sex. Sex is a choice.

>I'm sayin: I'll only speak for myself, since I think it's a
>range of things for different people. there is no singular
>source for same sex desire.

I agree with you on this.

>as for me, it speaks to my emotional desire for romantic >companionship with men (with or without sex, but generally >leading to sex, as it is, as it is for heteros, the consumate >expression of romantic love between two adults).

Romantic and romance is bull. Romance and Romantic do not equate to sex. You can have a strong love for many people in your life. That does not mean you have to have sex with them to express that love. There are a lot a gay and lesbian people who have a strong emotional loving relationship with members of the opposite sex. Why is there no consumation there to express that love?

>the sex act alone does not establish
>sexual identity. I know plenty of straight men who suck a
>dick now and then, but they are not "gay" because they don't
>identify with the sexual identity...they only indulge the
>act. and I think it's an important distinction.

This is bull. How can a man be straight and suck dick? To indulge in the act of murder makes one a murderer does it not? To undulge in the act of stealing makes one a thief does it not? To indulge in the act of swimming makes one a swimmer does it not? Most homosexuals for the most part I think are confused. Confused in that they think that sex is the ultimate expression of a strong emotional attachment to someone. I think it is a very complicated psychological issue.

>Also... i didn't have homesex until I was 19. i knew I was >gay as early as 5. most straight know they are straight long
>before the first sexual act. it works the same way.

This 5 stuff I find hard to believe. And why is it that most gay or lesbian say this same exact age of this dawning of sexual knowledge? I have four children 3 five and older. At five they have no idea and not even thinking about sexual orientation as to weather they like boys or girls for a sexual preference. You were confused. Some where along the line you felt a strong emotional attachment to another boy and somehow got it in your head that it can only mean you are gay. It's ok to have a love for members of the same sex. That does not make you gay. To have sex with them to express that love does make you gay and that is your choice. After all I'm sure we all have strong love for some family members parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, cousins, and uncles but don't choose to have sex with them to express that love.

-----------------

Opinions are like assholes.

"...you cats are undercover like GAY rappers dealing with MYSTERY." -Talib Kweli This means you, from Reflection Eternal

"I don't blame Tiger Woods, but I overstand the mental poison that's even worse than drugs" -nas poison

"For trees to grow in Brooklyn seeds need to be planted. I asked, "can you feel me?" and the crowd left me stranded" -Talib kweli

"Hip Hop can never be a way of life it doesn't tell you how to raise a child or treat a wife" -Q-tip A tribe called Quest

"...Cats sip champagne to toast death and pain like slaves on a ship talking about who has the flyest chain" -Talib Kweli Black Star

"We're the renegade we're the people with our own philosophy, we change the course of history. Everyday people like you and me." Afrika Bambaataa and the Soulsonic force Renegades of funk

"There's a war goin on outside no man is safe from...You can run but you can't hide forever" -Mobb Deep