Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectCome on man, let's be serious...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25784&mesg_id=25814
25814, Come on man, let's be serious...
Posted by MALACHI, Mon Jan-31-05 06:36 AM

>All Drugs? Marijuana, Asprin, Sugar, or are we talking all
>illegal drugs? There are people in jail for having small
>amounts of Marijuana that IMHO should be free. What about
>the cigarette companies or alcohol companies, should they be
>jailed? (IMHO more so that the Marijuana dealer, never seen
>that advertisement.)
You know exactly what I mean when I "drugs". I'm talking about illegal drugs, I'm not talking about aspirin, sugar, coffee or tea. I'm not even talking about tobacco, because as much as I hate tobacco products, and I personally think they should be banned, the fact of the matter is that tobacco isn't illegal. Same thing with alcohol, I personally don't drink and I've seen alcohol abuse ruin lives, families, etc....but once again, alcohol isn't illegal. As far as marijuana goes...I know I might step on some toes, but I really think we as a people need to let the weed go as well. What REAL positive comes from people smoking marijuana? Escapism? The inhalation of smoke into the lungs can't be good for you, and I've read that the THC in marijuana does all types of damage to the brain. And once again, it is illegal.

>Some of these Pimps are WOMEN & just like video
>hofessionals, SOME of the fingers need to point at the women
>who chose this profession. Now do these women need to be
>punished? I feel they need help and education. Choices out
>of despair are always good choices.
I agree...to an extent. I'm not saying that prostitutes(on various levels) don't bear any responsibility for their "line of work". Some of them are in this "profession" due to bad life choices. Some women are prostitutes because having sex is no big thing to them, so they may as well make some loot if they are gonna be having sex. However, many of them are young girls who are victims of physical and sexual abuse at home, become runaways, and then get exploited and turned out by some vulture pimp.