Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHe is VERY INTERESTING...On my 2nd interview,
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25485&mesg_id=25535
25535, He is VERY INTERESTING...On my 2nd interview,
Posted by MALACHI, Wed Mar-23-05 01:45 PM
he took me to dinner at 7:00, and we didn't leave the restaurant until almost 10:00. We talked about nothing but history and sociology for 3 hours...he has degrees in both subjects, plus one in business.

He told me that I was the only "American" he ever met that could speak extensively about Korean mythology...the history of the Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire...why Mao Tse Tung was the perfect man to lead a revolution, but why he was the WRONG person to run a country, and how he was somewhat disillusioned when Stalin (who he considered somewhat of a hero) snubbed him when he met him in 1949..."The Art of War" by Sun Tsu. (Which he told me to read again once I started working...)

He told me that he hated the way the "super powers" carved up Asia, particularly his natve Korea...and he also told me that if Shaka Zulu had killed every European man woman and child as soon as heard they were in southern Africa instead of sending a "diplomatic delegation", there would never have been a such thing as Apartheid--that blew me away that he said THAT.

At the end of this "interview" he said, "By the way, you start next Monday..."