Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBLACKS HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED TO BE IGNORANT SINCE SLAVERY
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25485&mesg_id=25533
25533, BLACKS HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED TO BE IGNORANT SINCE SLAVERY
Posted by NYC upt JUX, Tue Mar-22-05 07:18 PM
to act as if we are just a non-thinking bunch, by way of our own doing without acknowledging the tricknology these saltines have beat us in the head with, is not a good analysis of black life in the america's. i believe COINTELPRO set us back more than anything else in our history. imagine malcolm,huey, fred hampton, assata shakur, h.rap, angela davis, robert williams and a bunch of others(even the passivist m.l.k.) were still around and able to work without having the gov't sabataging them. also, the 80's destroyed the black and latino ghetto's. starting with the election of regan, then crack and aids. i lived in the midst of that shit as a youngin, growin up in harlem and being in the projects. the hustler/fast money mind set started destroying ghetto youth, and now shit is even more sad. cuz if they aren't into hustling or gangs, their mindset usually isn't much different.

another thing to consider is those same products of the 80's have teenage children now and some of them have children. between the schools, police, and everything else, we have to find anyway to counter the bullshit of the world. we have to also stop acting as if we are different than any other blacks in the world, or even other races, becuz we are all the victims of euro/white imperialism, white people too.

as long as the social order is the same we will always have the same problems in america as black people and as humans in the world.

i've rambled long enuff, 5000 y'all.