25526, *scratches head too*|
Posted by suave_bro, Tue Mar-22-05 09:46 PM
>argument with YOU, not with anyone else was that Islam doesn't
>encourage misogny, and in fact supports women- that it was
>cultural norms in practice and not Islam in question here.
- yes. and you also said that women are treated better under islam than any in any other culture. this is when i said u were insane.
>You don't know anything about Islam at all do you?
- why is it that when people who question islam always get this SAME. EXACT. RESPONSE. wtf man...if i dont know islam then teach me...obviously i've been misguided somewhere, show me the way...(now this is when they make comments like "nope! u are too ignorant! u cant be taught!) *yaaaawn*
>not attack the Bible because we believe in the Bible as well.
>We believe in all the same prophets, and we even believe that
>Jesus is the Messiah. You are baiting me into finding fault
>with the Bible. I'm not getting into that.
- hell, I FIND FAULT WITH THE BIBLE! its too inconsistent and contradicts itself...uhmmm im still here typing. no lightening bolt has struck me down.
>>- LOL. again, the question was asked (not by myself) in that
>>post whether or not ISLAM condoned this mentallity towards
>>females IN ITS DOCTRINE, and there was no response, hell,
>>arent even addressing it now!! very telling.
>WHAT are you talking about? My inbox was in repsonse to the
>post in GD. Are you LYING on me? You are talking about the
>Bible, and you are LYING? Why would you lie? What made this
>argument so important that you had to LIE?
- LMAO!!!! man oh man. if you dont want to address what was talked about in ACTIVIST, which you KNOW that is what im talking about, then man up and say you dont wish to address that comment. if not i wont continue playing this game...im not talking about what was talked about in GD in talking about what was talked about here...
>>- you are comparing abortion (WHICH IS A WOMANS CHOICE TO
>>AN ABORTION OR NOT) to some whacko saying that women should
>>hung for leading prayers in islam.
> NO MUSLIM ON THESE BOARDS
>>HAS ADDRESSED THAT DIRECT QUESTION YET!!!
>And they won't. But you never asked why.
- well here is your chance. why wont muslims address that statement?
>but what you HAVE
>>done is point the finger @ christianity....seems to me that
>>you KNOW these things are wrong to do to women, but instead
>>saying that, you say "look at christianity!!"...well when
>>do that you basically answer the question of whether or not
>>you think these women indeed are oppressed. thanks.
>I would NEVER attack Christianity.
- well when you are asked directly about a comment concerning islam and its women and your response is "well christians do it too!!" that is an attack on christianity.
>I would only attack the
>actions of those practicing it. My entire family is comprised
>of Christians. I am marrying a Christian woman next month,
>why would I do that when I could easily marry a muslimah if I
>didn't respect her religion and her ability to raise our
>children? Come on now. You've mastered this victim thing.
- again, you attacked christianity with your retort. you were asked twice (ONCE IN ACTIVST, ONCE IN GD) about that comment concerning women and islam and BOTH TIMES u gave an inbox...and in your inbox u basically just said "christianity oppresses women too!!"
>>- hold up. are you telling me that you are NOT for the
>>upliftment of black people?
>Being for the upliftment of black people does not in any way
>equate with the Black power movement of the 70's. Please
>compare apples with apples.
- man. i'm almost staring to get embarrassed for you...my statement was that you all are about community and black upliftment. i merely said that you all haven't uplifted a damn thing since the 70's. but, instead of addressing my comment u want to talk about the 70's...man u are looking quite pathetic right now.
>>- uhmmm...are you arguing that you arent for the upliftment
>>black people in america?
>No, I'm arguing that my approach is different. VERY
- and why hasn't your approach worked?
>>> "its because black folks are too busy clubbin', drankin',
>>>gettin' krunk, gettin' high...there is NO WAY you can talk
>>>about "building" and positivity without addressing these
>>>things and "black culture"."
>>>Again, you gonna take one group of people and apply it to
>>>entire culture? Wow Suave.
>>- you took the words right out of my mouth, wow. lets say
>>sake of argument that your argument is true...that there is
>>just a very very very very small group of black people who
>>have fatherless homes, have HIV/AIDS, look up to thugs and
>>ball players, can't save/invest their dollars, loathe
>>education and see it as being "white"...if these people dont
>>make up the bulk of our community, then what are black
>>doing if they arent doing these things? where are they?
>>me man...show me some statistics where we are thriving in
>>schools, we have strong healthy nuclear families, show me
>>where we are investing our dollars and making wise
>>investments, show me where we are thriving on a national
>HUH? None of that was my argument at ALL.
You are doing this
>for fun aren't you? You can't possibly be serious. You READ
>what I had to say, and as that is what you extracted from it?
- HERE ARE YOUR WORDS: "Again, you gonna take one group of people and apply it to anentire culture? Wow Suave."
what I did was list for you what is NOT black culture (the drugs, aids, pregnancy etc), so why cant/wont you list what indeed IS BLACK CULTURE IN 2005!?!? can you do that? if those things i listed above arent indeed black culture but the way only "one group of people" in our community behave, then explain what the NORM for black folks are in america?
>>bottom line: you can talk about "building" and "community
>>upliftment" and any other emotionally warm and fuzzy phrase
>>you've heard some scholar say at some point in your life all
>>you want, but without THE PEOPLE it aint about shit. you are
>>just sitting around talking and philosophizing.
>Oh. Well, state the obvious.
- then why haven't YOU and those who think like YOU and "build" with you been able to connect with your own people?