Posted by suave_bro, Tue Mar-22-05 09:05 PM
>The comment didn't save, but I had it in my profile.
>Basically I sent Sauve a list of Christian Atrocities world
>wide because he keeps attacking Islam, and IMO every relgion
>has it's idiots: North Eastern India terrorist killing Hindus
>and Muslims, The Rwanda Incident,Ireland, And Abortion clinics
>here in the US (The Eric Rudolphs of the world, etc)
- the argument was about whether or not christianity condones and encourages these behaviors. nowhere in the bible does it say kill or "severely punish" those who do not worship as us, it doesn't say anywhere to oppress women either. and it doesn't condone/or promote abortion at all...and saying that shedding light on the plight of muslim women and bringing Ayaan Hirsi Ali's story to the boards is not attacking islam. and for you to suggest that it says alot about YOU...
>As usual, Suave didn't break down the first three examples,
>and chose to tackle the abortion jawn. He didn't read what
>I said, so he asked if I was comparing abortion to women being
>victimized in Islam and being sentenced to death. Well, I
>said that wasn't my point and that IMO abortion itself is
>worse in comparison to his feelings of women being "victimized
>in Islam" whatever that means.
- LOL. again, the question was asked (not by myself) in that post whether or not ISLAM condoned this mentallity towards its females IN ITS DOCTRINE, and there was no response, hell, you arent even addressing it now!! very telling.
>And that was the crux of it. He said I was crazy for making
>that statement, but that is neither here nor there.
- you are comparing abortion (WHICH IS A WOMANS CHOICE TO HAVE AN ABORTION OR NOT) to some whacko saying that women should be hung for leading prayers in islam. NO MUSLIM ON THESE BOARDS HAS ADDRESSED THAT DIRECT QUESTION YET!!! but what you HAVE done is point the finger @ christianity....seems to me that you KNOW these things are wrong to do to women, but instead of saying that, you say "look at christianity!!"...well when you do that you basically answer the question of whether or not you think these women indeed are oppressed. thanks.
>" you cant build and develop shit with the black folks in our
>community in 2005. that statement might shock you but YOU ALL
>are living proof! your entire agenda's are "afrikan
>upliftment" yet you all havent uplifted SHIT since the
>Is THIS all of us here on activist? You gonna take a group of
>activist and just apply it to our board?
- hold up. are you telling me that you are NOT for the upliftment of black people?
>LOL, I'm a fiscal/moral conservative Jamaican-American Muslim
>Southern Good ole boy. I doubt there was ONE person like me
>in the ENTIRE movement in the '70's.
- uhmmm...are you arguing that you arent for the upliftment of black people in america?
> "its because black folks are too busy clubbin', drankin',
>gettin' krunk, gettin' high...there is NO WAY you can talk
>about "building" and positivity without addressing these
>things and "black culture"."
>Again, you gonna take one group of people and apply it to an
>entire culture? Wow Suave.
- you took the words right out of my mouth, wow. lets say the sake of argument that your argument is true...that there is just a very very very very small group of black people who have fatherless homes, have HIV/AIDS, look up to thugs and ball players, can't save/invest their dollars, loathe education and see it as being "white"...if these people dont make up the bulk of our community, then what are black people doing if they arent doing these things? where are they? school me man...show me some statistics where we are thriving in schools, we have strong healthy nuclear families, show me where we are investing our dollars and making wise investments, show me where we are thriving on a national scale. please.
bottom line: you can talk about "building" and "community upliftment" and any other emotionally warm and fuzzy phrase you've heard some scholar say at some point in your life all you want, but without THE PEOPLE it aint about shit. you are just sitting around talking and philosophizing.