Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI aint goin' no-where
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25430&mesg_id=25462
25462, I aint goin' no-where
Posted by guest, Fri May-19-00 02:47 PM
so the government might as well give people of african descent reparations. i completely disagree with the persons who say "lets go back "home" (where ever that is) and forget asking the government for anything." true, africans were forcibly removed from their continent--by white as well as black folk. however, africans and native americans built this country so why should they have romaniticized notions about going back to the "motherland" wet-dreaming about the prospectus of their lost "brothers and sisters" welcoming them back (home) with open arms. the fact remainst that africans dont even agree with "african americans" calling themselves that in the first place. my point is that i aint going no-where.

secondly, forget that argument about "reparations given to descendants of slaves being a hand-out, public assistance, or begging metality." thats the problem with us (as a race of people. when someone hurts us, we need to voice our hurt and demand an apology, at the very least. as malcolm x said (go read the book), he found a very good strategy for remaining the child (amongst many siblings) to get food whenever he was hungry/or wanted a need to be met: he voiced his need--sometimes in a very loud way. fuck that. we need to start demanding what we are owed. you dont want hand-outs?? what about your ancestors who were raped, beaten, bred like animals to toil on this land for centuries without pay??? are we so brainwashed to believed that all those centuries of hard work (that WAS DONE FOR FREE) does not earn the descendants of these hardworkers anything?? do we believe that after being forcibly brought here and enslaved and building this country that we are not worth receiving reparations?? reparations are NOT a hand outs!!!! reparations are not for "beggars." reparations are for people whose people were forced to work (without pay) for centuries.
as always.
peace.