Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYou asked.... and my answer is....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25430&mesg_id=25447
25447, You asked.... and my answer is....
Posted by guest, Fri May-19-00 06:01 AM

>if we were to get reparations...would
>that make the social climate
>for minorities better? does
>money change the way white
>corporate america sees me?

Maybe not initially. I think if the American government should one day give reparations to descendants of slaves white America will be either outraged (at the direct omittance), embarassed (by the acts of the forefathers), or releived. This is but a beginning to the healing process. When you were a kid and had a fight with your next door neighboor, ish wasn't right until your parents made yall apologize to each other. The moment that apology was said things turned to exactly as they were before the fight erupted. Of course this is just an analogy and no words of sympathy or government check will magically make the problems between whites and Afro-Americans dissapear. It would merely be a starting point.

As for as corporate America - that's a whole nother story completely. I think until African-Americans take hold and build our own businesses on a grand scale, corporate America will not change it's practices and definitely not it's views. Corporate America will have to see some way for these same black business to benefit them before change will be implemented and by that time black America will won't nothing to do with them.

**All complaints regarding SBU should be directed to me!
I am the Public Relations Director Bitch!

******Sexy Bitches United******
Damali - CBO (Chief Bitch Officer)
sonyasimone - President Bitch
Dove- Bitch Counsel Director
strezzed - Head of Bitch Treasury
serena_love - Executive Bitch President
gemini - Director of Bitch Arts & Culture
Inez: Executive Director of Bitch Development
K_A_Wright - Defense Department Bitch
Mahogany Brown - Public Relations Director Bitch