Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectAm I wrong or just upset?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25430&mesg_id=25444
25444, Am I wrong or just upset?
Posted by guest, Thu May-18-00 07:00 AM
How can we, as a people, worry about reparations being given to another country or people when America has yet to deal with it's past atrocities of slavery. America is ready & willing to deal with all problems but their own. I've been following the Taliban regime in Aphganistan. I get petitions to sign, emails to enlighten and all kind of info on this horrific regime. These people are oppressing the female masses. They can't work or go to school, they must be covered head to feet, they aren't even allowed in public without a male partner. These women are stoned and beat to death daily for simply showing an inch of skin or talking out of turn. My point is America has a plight now to save the women of the Taliban movement (occupied since 1996) but I hold myself back because I keep thinking "What about the plight of African Americans that white America ignores?" Am I being selfish. Am I wrong for thinking of the horrors that my people experienced. I felt the same way when America intervined and went to Kosovo. I beleive no one should be treated inhumane but civil wars have been going on in parts of Africa for centuries and America doesn't rush to their aid so excuse me if I don't cry out "O Lord, bless the Serbs" and send in a big hearty check for the cause. White America always have relayed the message that "white' lives are more important than "african" lives. The same with the whole Elian Gonzalez case. Haitian immigrants are sent back daily, kids and all but once again America says wait, Elian is different. He might need to stay. Sure they say he's a political refugee but come on! he's a kid not a priest or politician. I'm sorry but before America deals with the worlds problems how bout they face up to the ones in there very own backyard. Maybe then I can feel more attuned to their plights of human rights elsewhere.

**All complaints regarding SBU should be directed to me!
I am the Public Relations Director Bitch!

******Sexy Bitches United******
Damali - CBO (Chief Bitch Officer)
sonyasimone - President Bitch
Dove- Bitch Counsel Director
strezzed - Head of Bitch Treasury
serena_love - Executive Bitch President
gemini - Director of Bitch Arts & Culture
Inez: Executive Director of Bitch Development
K_A_Wright - Defense Department Bitch
Mahogany Brown - Public Relations Director Bitch