Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject*sigh*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25338&mesg_id=25358
25358, *sigh*
Posted by LexM, Mon Mar-17-03 07:28 AM
u are right in that aspect.

but i don't think we'll make it...not in the sense that we'll escape unscathed and this will be nice & neat & pretty.

this will be another vietnam. history has already started repeating itself (maybe we are in the matrix? lol): the protests, the unconventional warfare, etc. we couldn't deal w/ an "enemy" that was prepared to die before, and i don't think we can now.

and what happens if opec decides the u.s. needs to be shut down, WITH the approval of the UN. on some, "they're crazy & need to be stopped, let's make this happen..."

there are just too many factors to consider. too many things could go too many ways for us to be so sure about this "war". that's what's always worried me & why war should ALWAYS be a last resort. you WEIGH the consequences first, for god's sake.

here's your alternatives....
1. reevaluate ALL existing wmd treaties and force compliance across the board. make us re-sign the treaty dubya backed out of. be held liable by the world court. etc. act like we share the planet w/ others
2. let the inspectors work.
3. insure that, in exchange for continued disarmament, the sanctions are lifted from the iraqi people. create infrastructure.
4. with a delegation of iraqi & other mideast factions, discuss alternatives to current governmental structures IN KEEPING WITH their cultural integrity and sovreignty
5. disarm israel. what's good for the goose...
6. finish what we started in afghanistan (not like i agree w/ that either, really, but...) and truly work to restabilize the country
7. give more attention to alternative energy sources.
(c) me

www.poetsagainstthewar.org

"i think you're a witch" ~utamaroho