Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: are u nuts?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=2528&mesg_id=2586
2586, RE: are u nuts?
Posted by oriana lee, Mon Dec-22-03 05:06 PM
That response is a bit extra...don't you think.
I am just sharing a different perspective, which leads me to further state that since the latter half of the 20th century scholars have argued that those we now acknowledge as Muslim long predate Muhammed (Mohammed) to antiquitious times (referred to as pre-Islamic Arabia). Obviously, this theory stems from a much broader perspective of the religion that ties certain cultural practices & rituals (research the crescent) from "pre-Islamic Arabia" to post-Muhammad instruction. The same type of theory has been argued about what is now called Christianity, regarding certain rituals associated with Jesus Christ.

My personal faith lends me to believe that Islam, as we know it, entered Kemet in 646 A.D.("The Islamic Invasion"), to be exact. Nonetheless, you should consider digging deeper into new theories instead of just writing someone off as "nuts" for a mere sharing. All knowledge is relevant. Don't limit the spectrum.

ONE. UHURU.