Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject BOO HISS!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25270&mesg_id=25334
25334, BOO HISS!!!!
Posted by loi, Sun Apr-15-01 11:25 AM
Thank you for defining a bunch of semantics! Everything you posted is affected by something called a conspiracy! It's real, and it has nothing to do with luck! When a community is disproportionatly poor by any terms you choose to define poor, it's because of something besides simple "I work hard and they don't bullshit!." Do you know what poor looks like? I do! Do you know what poor sounds like? I do! Do you negate the existance of racism?(in other words reality!). Schools in the ghetto are impoverished while their county counterparts get almost double per student! Education is not equal, standardized tests are culturally and economically biased, and those terms almost go hand in hand! Opportunity is oftentimes based on your educational experience which is not equal for poor people, especially minorities that are overrepresented! Step out of the box you live in! Not to mention institutionalized oppression on every level that institutions exist! That's a whole different discussion!

"Want black people to be free, to be free, to be free, and that's all that matters to me"-Mos Def