25047, WHY THIS WAY FAILS US.|
Posted by guest, Tue Mar-06-01 08:16 AM
Our problems as a people are inseparable from our problems as a people. The type of education offered will always fit the socio-politico-economic context. If there is oppression in the general society, the schools supported bythat society will mirror it. Elsewhere, I have tried to describe the specific features of the system that were used to oppress Africans. Six of the steps that were used are listed below:
1) African and African history and culture were suppressed and distorted.
2) African group identity was suppressed.
3) White supremacy was taught in the schools, churches, the mass media, etc.
4) All African social institutions and larger society's social institutions were controlled by European americans.
5) Systematic steps were taken to insure that resources could not be accumulated by Africans.
6) Africans were physically segregated from Europeans.
from SBA: THE REAWAKENING THE AFRICAN MIND, Asa Hilliard III
"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought