Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWhat grades are you targeting?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25013&mesg_id=25028
25028, What grades are you targeting?
Posted by Mesnjah, Mon Mar-05-01 10:37 AM
This is such an ambitious project, it seems to me the best way to approach it is to start with the younger grades and move up from there. Given the orientation of the school, I think more people would be willing to send their kids there for grade school than for high school for instance. You could start as a kindergarden with an after school program perhaps. Or start something in the summer time to gauge interest. I think you need to start with something small, attract good teachers and volunteers, and sell families on the idea. The start up costs for a younger age school are much more manageable than for a high school, as far as salaries, infrastructure, computers, books, etc. This is a great idea though.

MJ

We keep it type raw, and know exactly what we fight for / when the nightfall come, we in the right war / Cats who spill blood for a cause, not just because / Defy the authority and follow God's law / Revolutionary entrepeneurs... - Talib