Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectWE NEED YOU
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=25013&mesg_id=25024
25024, WE NEED YOU
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-05-01 10:37 AM
I feel you on the "having people in the business realm". I believe some of the creators of "Delights of the Garden" were business majors. Like Spike Lee said at the first annual Blackface awards at Howard, "we need more people behind the cameras and in business and corporate law. God knows we have enough actors, dancers, adn singers." The thing is though, like minds whether business, or otherwise have to have just that, LIKE MINDS. I can call up a friend in Stanford University that is a wizard in the study of law, but if their views are not the sam as the core ideologies of what the community is suopposed to be, then there is no sense in getting involved with her. Instead of getting involved with Deltas, i'd rather network all the Afrikan businesses that have similar goals for the community. Many times people go through channels that are tried already because that is all they know vs. creating their standard from the start and sticking to them. I know people who would just teach african children for free and volunteer their LIVES just to teach our way so that it doesn't get lost. This is the area I want to tap into. But you're correct, we do need people of like minds in the business area.

"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought