Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectIsn't it ironic
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24888&mesg_id=24897
24897, Isn't it ironic
Posted by Nesta, Sat Apr-15-00 02:15 PM
That a group of people that fled a country because of a dictator that didn't adhere to fair laws and jsutice will refuse to follow the rules and laws of this country that they swear is the ideal. Hmmmmmm.

I hate this whole thing, the boy needs to be with his dad. But the one thing i do like about this is that the Cuban extremists in Miami are playing themselves and even your average Joe is seeing it. I was in DC's Nat'l airport yesterday waiting on my flight back to Newark and I heard a couple of good ol' boys discussing the case. They were clear as hell that the boy should be with his dad. One cat even said "Castro is a muthafucka, but he's right on this one!"

There are a bunch of Cubans in Miami that hate Castro with a passion but feel that using this boy is dead wrong. A lot of these same folks feel that the embargo should be lifted and that it simply didn't work and is harming more people than anything. But these cats are afraid to express themsewlves because of their fear of being harassed by extremists. The Cuban extremists have loot and clout in Miami and don't take it lightly when folks side against them.

Furthermore, I hate the fact that all this Elian shit is taking away from the fact that there are real life Cuban dissidents IN CUBA that are catching hell in Cuba and are trying to fight some of Castro oppresive ways, but these cats in Florida who never have to worry about being dragged from their homes in the middle of the night are playing all high and mighty. FUCK THEM.

Castro has major issues but I also repsect how he'
s getting down and how he has stood his ground over the years. Change in Cuban is coming soon and the US better recognize that everyone else in the world has welcomed Cuba back into the fold.

"Is someone speaking? Do I hear someone speaking?" - Uncle Junior Corrado of the Sopranos

"And cos of Nesta today I'm using more horns in my songs" - Krewcial OKP Song Pt. 2

The Smut Phoenix has arisen, and the Floozy Age now officially begins - no more fun and games. All who are inexperienced and just plain wack in bed - be afraid. Be very afraid." - Didi

"I could be a pimp right now if I wanted to be. My pimp game is strong." - Snoop on the Howard Stern Show