Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYeah...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24836&mesg_id=24848
24848, Yeah...
Posted by unohoo, Thu May-11-00 05:59 AM
I like that saying, it's a great way to somehow convey guilt on people who don't necessarily see things your way. It's genius.

So black folks have to be ashamed of being themselves because someone else may or may not be watching? Misperceptions that are already well ingrained into the psyche of others as well as black folk have to be taken into account everytime a show is to be aired? I say hell no. Desperate times call for desperate measures? This ain't Vietnam. The Shuck and Jive network? Based on what? Black people being themselves. How elitist. I never said BET doesn't need work, but I just don't think it is that bad either.

BTW if this is a call to arms for supporters only then I apologize. I thought this was a discussion about a possible boycott of BET.

Be easy kinfolks...

New album by my younger broski on Blue Note Records Jason Moran entitled "Facing Left" in stores June 27th!! Go cop that!! And if you really wanna support a brothers brother then buy his debut "Soundtrack To Human Motion".