Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectBut you know what...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=24836&mesg_id=24847
24847, But you know what...
Posted by BooDaah, Thu May-11-00 05:20 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures. If a boycott (or the threat of one) is enough to get the folk at BET to make folk realize that giving us crumbs and calling it Thanksgiving dinner ain't gonna cut it, then I say BOYCOTT on.

I'm not saying they gotta go, but after 20+ years they can do better. Period. They have enough money to start a movie AND Jazz channel but can't give me anything besides rotisseriee infomercials and re-runs of coolio on the weekends? C'mon. If all they WANT to be is entertainment then stop faking and representing yourself as the voice of Black folk on cable. Seriously. If they wannt be the Shuck and Jive Network, then cool. I like to watch a video every now and then. I like to see black comedy (you do know they rob the hell out of thhose comedians right?). But damn dog. WE are not the only ones who watch those broadcasts. What message are we sending out in terms of what WE want to see? All the talented Black actors and acresses and you can't do better than that Arabesque mess? Where are the Black History shows? Where are the programs on Dance and the arts? Ain't that as entertaining as Q-Tip?

Honestly though, if you don't have a problem, then don't join up. If you're cool with the status quo (and I'm not being judgemental either. really.), this fight ain't for you.

This is a call to arms for all those OkayPlayers who wanna bitch and moan. Folk have been fussing for a LONG time, and nobody (still less than 20 original posts) wants to do jack. What's that old saying? Oh yeah:

"If you ain't part of the SOLUTION, you're part of the problem"

------QUOTE STARTS HERE------
Help BooDaah STAY the Moderator for the OkayActivism Board....

Fill Angiee's Mailbox full of requests for me (HAHA she'll LOOOOVE THAT!!!)

How's THAT for pandering HMMMM???